Assistant County/Area Commissioner (ACC/AAC) (Scouts Support)
Outline: To work in partnership with the County/Area Commissioner to ensure that effective operation of the Scout Section in their County/Area in accordance with the rules as laid down in POR of The Scout Association.
Responsible for: County/Area Leaders (if applicable)
Responsible to: County/Area Commissioner
Main Contacts: CC/AC, DCs, ADC (Scouts), other ACCs/AACs, District and County/Area Advisers, County/ Area Administrator, FDO, HQ, National Commissioner (Scouts), ACC (Scouts) from other Counties, GirlGuiding UK, Schools and other local Youth Organisations.
Appointment Requirements: To understand and accept The Scout Association’s policies, have a satisfactory CRB Clearance, Completion of Wood Badge, which includes the Section Supporter Modules as detailed in the Adult’s Personal File and The Scout Association’s Adult Training Scheme.
General Main Tasks:
- Ensure purpose, method, policies and programme are carried out throughout the Scout Section in the County/Area
- Assist ADC (Scouts) in the encouragement of all Leaders in the Scout Section to provide a balanced programme
- Co-operate with DCs to support all Leaders and Commissioners in matters relating to the Scout Section and its Leaders
- Promote and encourage to the Scout Section the implementation of all policies of The Scout Association, especially the key policies as laid down in Chapter 2 of POR
- Liaise with County/Area Administrators
- Maintain a working relationship with DCs, ADCs (Scouts) and other Commissioners within the County/Area
- Work in partnership with CC/AC in the management of the County and the Scout Section’s programme and activities
- Support the CC/AC and the CTM/ATM with the learning needs of Leaders and Commissioners in the Scout Section
- Maintain contact relevant to the Scout Section age group with in the local community
- Promote the Scout Section to the local Community
- Support the CC/AC in the development of the County/Area.
Note: any other specific tasks are to be agreed with the County/Area Commissioner.