Re-opening of Woodhouse Park in April
|From 12 April, Woodhouse Park will reopen as a safe outdoor space for Groups to meet during evenings and weekends in the summer term as part of their programme. |
Scouting will move to Amber from 29 March, and restrictions lifted on the size of sections able to meet outdoors.
There will be four fields available for booking on the site with adjacent parking, to enable several sections to meet safely at similar times.
Visit the new Woodhouse Park website with an online booking system, site usage information, risk assessments, volunteering opportunities and challenge badge programmes.
* The site will initially be open to Avon Scouts only and usage will be free of charge between April – July 21.
* Groups must book at least 7 days in advance via a new online system and complete normal activity notifications/adhere to their Group’s covid risk assessment
* When booking you’ll be able to select the area to use and the times required.
* Initially we will accept bookings up to the end of May. Dates beyond this will be released regularly in the booking system.
* The residential buildings, toilets, usual onsite activities and camping will remain closed for the time being.
* We’ll be providing a few portaloos onsite.
For the time being, the reopening will be run by a volunteer service crew from Avon Scouts (not Scout Adventures) who will assist during site opening times as well as carrying out general maintenance. More volunteers are welcome and you can add your name to the volunteer list.
We will continue to follow government guidelines and this could result in the need to change plans at short notice.
We hope the reopening of the site will provide welcome outdoor space in the coming summer months.
Groups are also reminded that Centenary Wood at Newton St Loe is also available as a space for outdoor activities. Groups looking to book Centenary Wood should book through the County Office – firstname.lastname@example.org