- Principles of first aid and initial response (arriving and managing an incident)
- Initial response to a first aid situation
- Management of an unconscious casualty (child or adult)
- Choking, Shock, Bleeding, Fractures (ambulance imminent and non-imminent) and Sprains, Head injuries, Dental incidents, Burns, Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Heart Attack, Stroke, Seizures, Diabetes, Sepsis/Meningitis
- CPR, including technique for children and explanation of what AED is and how to use it
Please note that the Scout Association require a large amount of content to be covered in this one-day course. Many of the topics included in this course are usually only covered in a two or three day course. Therefore, due to the time constraints some topics will only be covered at a high level, whereas a two or three day training course will cover this in more detail.
- Tea and coffee will be provided
- Bring a packed lunch.
- The course will be held in the Training Centre at Woodhouse Park – please park next to the Training Centre or by Reception and walk up.
- The course will be 10am until 4pm.
- The course costs £30 per person with up to 20 spaces available on each course.