Congratulations to those achieving St George's Day Awards. The
Association has a national awards system for recognising good
service, length of service and special acts of heroism and bravery,
courage or endurance, and devotion to duty under suffering.
In recognition of services to Scouting of the most exceptional
nature. The Silver Wold was introduced by Lord Baden-Powell and
remains the Scout Association's highest award for service to
- Stuart Eric Ballard - Cub Scout Leader, 1st
Keynsham. Training Adviser, Wansdyke. Queens Scout Award
Co-ordinator. Deputy County Commissioner.
- William Peter Hodgson - County Skills
Bar to the Silver Acorn
In recognition of further specially distinguished service. The
bar to the Silver Acorn can only be awarded after a Silver Acorn
has been gained.
- Michael Richard Bell - County Executive
- David John Hutton BSc - Group Executive
Member 1st Little Stoke. Occaisional Helper 1st Little Stoke.
District Executive Member, Brunel. District Scout Active Support
- Richard Smith Ivens - District Scout Active
Support Member, Gordano. County Administrator. County Associate
- John Trevor Jones - Assistant District
Commissioner Activities, Bristol South. Assessor for Rowing and
Sculling. County Adviser for Water Activities.
- Professor John Richard Kirwan - County
Trainer, County Chairman.
- Rosmarie Kirwan - County Training Manager.
Trainer. Training Adviser.
- Cyril Anthony Mullen - Group Scout Active
Support Manager, 256th Bristol Christchurch Hengrove (Bristol
- Roger Lawrence Starr - District Scout Activie
Support Member, Deep Sea Scouts. National Headquarters. County
In recognition of specially distinguished service
- Graham Alan Brant - District Commissioner,
- Robert Hussey - District Commissioner,
- Graham John Meikle, JP - District Media
Development Manager, Axe. County Appointments Secretary. Scout
Active Support Member. County Executive Committee Member. County
- Roger William Taplin - Group Scout Leader, 1st
Marshfield (Cotswold Edge)
- Nicholas James Winter - District Scout Active
Support Member. International Scout Active Support Unit, National
Headquarters. Scout Active Support Member, Wales. District
Commissioner, Bristol South.
- Robert Edmund Stanfield - District
Commissioner, Bristol South.
Award for Merit
In recognition of outstanding service
- Amir Aziz Cheema - Assistant Explorer Scout
Leader. District Commissioner, Brunel. Muslim Scout Fellowship,
Chief Scout's Commendation for Good Service
In recognition of good service
- Jean Elizabeth Watson - District Appointments
Advisory Committee Member, Brunel. Scout Active Support Member.
Scout Active Support Manager. Regional Development Officer,
Do you know an inspirational adult colunteer who goes above and
beyond what is expected of them? If you'd like to nominate someone
special for an award, you'll need to complete an award